Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wild Goose Chase - This month's MUST read

A little while ago I was told about a book called Wild Goose Chase. It is a book all about reclaiming the adventure of pursuing God. Now being one who doesn't regularly seek adventure the idea was a little bit scary yet felt "controllable" since I would just be reading a story. Well I'll be honest, it has taken me right at a year to get the story read, in fact even after purchasing the book I found that it still sat beside the bed. Was I that afraid of adventure that I was even afraid of reading the book?  I don't know if that was it or I convinced myself that I didn't have the time.....so I bought the audio. I spend a fair amount of time driving and there are only so many times you can hear the same 5 songs on Top 40 radio. Needless to say, I am now about half way through the book and there have been few others that have hit me in the same way. I don't want this to be a book report so I will just tell you a few things about the book, thus far.

In Wild Goose Chase, Mark identifies six cages inverted Christians can get locked inside: responsibility, routine, assumptions, guilt, failure, and fear by examining the lives and ministry of Nehemiah, Abraham, Moses, Peter, Paul and Jonathon. It's not a book of theology but more of a challenge for you to look at your life, your passion and the things that you have allowed to become a normal part of your thought processes. The book almost dares you to live a life more radical in every way.  If you are finding yourself at a crossroads, professionally or personally or if you just need a end of summer reading option I would DEFINITELY pick it up.

Unsure if you want to try it? Sample chapter for free. Chase the Wild Goose - Sample Chapter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your name was given to me by a friend from my past at Christ Church. I have a opportunity I want to share with you. No, this is not Amway. Why does everybody ask me that? This has nothing to do with selling the next new thing. If this was to be compared to anything it would be Excel back in the 90's. If you do not mind give me a call @ 615-584-8006