Saturday, January 31, 2009

I LOVE holiday's















I love holiday's, I really, really love them. I don't know if I love them because of all the decorations and everything or if it is just something that just spices up the year and creates a little excitement. My favorite holiday by far is Halloween. The costumes, pumpkins, candy and trick-or-treating, the slightly sinister quality of the whole thing. I just love it.

I probably have about 10 or more boxes of holiday decor in my one-bedroom apartment and that doesn't include the 10 Christmas trees. If I had the resources or the space I could easily rationalize doubling or tripling that amount and I honestly can not convince myself to part with a single thing. I tried to before I moved and I just couldn't do it. The best part about it was that my dear friends didn't even try to make me because they too knew that it would be too hard for me. I once nannied (if that is even a real word) for a family that had a whole set of housewares for almost every season and major holiday. We are talking dishes, glasses, comforter sets, towels (for all rooms) and home decor. I worked with them off and on for several months and so changed over their home a couple times. While the first time I thought it was a little crazy I then fell in love with opening the cabinet to valentines dishes or sleeping in a bed of fall leaves. It was perfect! I decided it was definitely a long term goal. A few years ago I did buy Christmas dishes, but alas this is as far as I have gotten. But one day my friends.....one day.

1 comment:

AmyBethJames said...

I love that you love holidays! It is part of the quintessential charm of Bethany. :) My favorite holiday is still probably Christmas. And I like to get my holiday themed housewares from Target. They always have the cutest stuff, like these Valentines Day towels out right now that have little cupcakes on them. I want.