Friday, February 6, 2009

Farmer's Market



I had a magical day a few weeks ago. I had been cooped up in the house for too long and it was a beautiful day so I decided that I was going to be adventurous and go exploring. So armed with GPS(round 2) I headed out to the 8 floor Dallas Library downtown to explore all of the beautiful books. It truly was like heaven. I honestly could have come home with 15-20 books to read because there was just so many that I stumbled across that were so interesting. They also had these intriguing areas that you had to sign in and out of. I admit I was a little afraid of them on this first time, but next time I am totally going to find out what is in that section. So after bout 2 hours I emerged with with The Great Gatsby (on CD), Water for Elephants and Monarchy (a book about Queen Elizabeth - after watching The Queen again I have found a new obsession).

After the library I thought I would see if I would be able to find the Farmer's Market on my own. Holly and I had visited it when she was in town in December, but it was not really the weather for the market. After a couple failed attempts to navigate the one-way's I did find it and it was beautiful. Flowers, produce that truly did feel like I had stepped through Alice's looking glass in to wonderland. After the cold and dreary winter. Walking around just energized me more and more. I felt like I could breathe deeper.

I loved it and will definitely return many times to in the future.

No comments: