Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My move, explained, after the fact

Okay, so after getting more then a handful of angry and confused emails and posts about my seemingly sudden departure from Good Ole Nashville I realized that I may not have done a great job of communicating the change. So I thought I better catch everyone up.

My decision came on very quickly and if I am honest I am probably still in a little bit of shock even now. In the very end of July I was emailed out of the blue from a colleague regarding a position in Dallas. I actually disregarded the email for several days as I had no interest in moving to Dallas and didn't really know that this was the position for me. After a couple of days I had a recurring thought of Jonah and the whale and didn't want to to just ignore it, even if it wasn't for me. So I responded just to be nice. When I received the email from him there was something in the email that just stuck out to me. I then left for a couple weeks for a business trip, still thinking that the chances of me taking it were remote. But over the time that I was on the trip it just became more and more apparent that this was the next step that God had for me. Still I had some strong hesitations (moving to Dallas, a city in which knew no one being a main one). During the trip I had little to no contact with anyone.

I came home for two days and then left to meet the leadership at Greater Dallas FCA. I prayed and knew in my heart that this trip would make the decision. I knew that in my short day and a half there I would have a feeling on whether or not I could see myself in this environment and living in this new place, and it did. While it was totally different, it didn't feel wrong and to be really honest, it still doesn't. While there are still things about starting over completely that I really don't like, as I have already listed and shared with some of you over the phone, there has never been the moment of me feeling like this is a time to pick up and go home. If that moment comes, and God calls me home, then I am there just as quickly as I came, but for now I know that I know that this is where I am supposed to be for whatever reason it may be.

So I came home from my trip and turned in my notice a couple days later. That night my grandmother passed away, which is something that we had been battling with for the past many months. While it was hard to see her go, I knew that she was ready to. So my last two weeks in Nashville were wrapped up in Funerals and then feverishly packing my place in the span of a week (with some of the best help I could have ever asked for).

For those of you that may not have heard about this until after the fact or right as it happened, I am deeply sorry. You are still very dear to me. I literally only had the two weeks and had no idea that this was also the time that God was going to call my Grandmother home, which obviously divided my focus. I hope that through this you can see God's hand was guiding me to my new home. I hope you will soon feel God guiding you here to come visit me. :-)

If you have more questions, send them on. Email me, call me, whatever. I am still here.

No comments: